Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lesson 2

Tonight my dad's company had a company outing where all the employees and their families were invited. I was looking forward to hanging out with my dad because one of my sisters weren't coming due to previous plans and my mom and my other sister weren't going either. As I was getting ready, I was reminding myself that I didn't need cigarettes and that I could enjoy my evening without them. My mom and my sister decided to go at the last minute. I was worried because I don't have a good track record of not letting my family get the best of me. I really had to focus on my plan of not smoking. So we get there and have a wonderful time. The whole time I thought about smoking but I also was counting down the minutes until I had made 48 hours without a cigarette. It seems like a small step but it was a long day. I spent my day sleeping because I was really tired and worn out. This has been a rough day because I know at least one of my triggers is boredom and not having anything to do.

I am going to wedding in a few weeks. This will be the first true test of my decision.

No comments: