Friday, June 20, 2008

Lesson 1

The first lesson that I have learned is that I can drink a beer and NOT smoke a cigarette. I made it 24 hours without a cigarette!!! I know it is a small hurdle but it is one that I overcame nonetheless. I wasn't the complete psycho that I thought I would be. It was hard because I really have to learn how to reprogram my brain. Thanks to the Chantix, I had no cravings but it was hard to not smoke during my "regular times". This weekend will be easy since I have nothing but homework to do. Monday night at school will be the next trial. I am not sure how I will be around smokers. My coworkers know that I am quiting and didn't ask me to smoke today but not all of my school friends know yet. It will be hard to be around them without lighting up.

Goals for tomorrow:
wake up and go to the gym.
Eat better and stick to the weight watchers plan.
Enjoy the baseball game with my family without smoking!!

1 day down, rest of my life to go!!!

No comments: