Wednesday, June 25, 2008

day 6

I have survived my first 5 days. Monday and Tuesday were really hard days due to extreme stress levels mainly caused by work. I have overcome the physical needs of smoking but I still struggle with the mental habits. I am over the need for the morning and after meal cigarettes but I am really having to focus on not smoking when I am stressed out. Instead of smoking when frustrated, I try and focus on why I am letting that particular moment get to me. I have done really well with the working out plan this week. Doing pretty good on the diet, except for the donut this morning. One of my smoking buddies has also quit this weekend cold turkey. It definitely makes it easier to not smoke when your friends aren't asking you if you wanna smoke. I did however sit outside on campus with a friend who is a smoker. It seemed really easy not to ask for one. I really think this is one of the best decisions that I have made. I am sure that I am annoying people but I am telling everyone. It helps me make sure that I stay on track. I am really on my way to reclaiming my freedom and couldn't be more excited!!!

No comments: